I began tentatively dry-brushing them with the sea spray paint again, using a whiter paint to add a little more ‘oomph’.
Happy, although I wasn’t too keen on the dry brushing between the letters so used the black paint again to cover that up.
Ok, this is working.
I know I shouldn’t sound so surprised but sometimes you never know until you have committed to a plan of action whether it will or it won’t so I was very pleased that it had. :)
I glued the little MDF ‘stars’ in place and then used some Pebeo Fantasy Prisme to add some sparkle to the star tops.
As I was going to have to leave that to dry for a while I also added some glaze to the lettering and set it to one side.
Really loved my little stars when they had dried. Domed and swirly. Cool!
Making a decision to finish the front – *breathes heavily in and out of brown paper bag – I chose to add a layer of glaze to the front and hopefully this would protect everything and NOT take away any of the colour.
Waiting for this to dry was almost like being an expectant Father waiting for wifey to give birth – yes, I clearly live in the 1950s! Lol.
Anyhoo, the next day I check on it and YAAAY!
Turning my attention to what to do with the inside and serendipity popped to my front door and delivered some Stampscapes rubber stamps, some of which were a galaxt design.
To start the decoration I smudged some Brilliance ink over a sheet of white cardstock.
Whilst waiting for that to dry I also added some Stencil Tack to my acrylic block – the Stampscape stamps are unmounted you see.
Few bits to let dry so I guess I should have a think about how to tie it all together and finish it off ….
PLEASE VISIT THE NEXT PAGE OF THIS POST BY CLICKING ON THE NUMBERED LINKS BELOW