What I didn’t mention earlier in this post is that the reason that I had chosen all of the coppery and black colours was that I had already selected the paper with which I was going to decorate the inside of the box.
It was this glorious steampunk black and orange coloured paper from Graphic 45.
Measuring and cutting was a breeze as I already knew the outside measurements from earlier and knew that the MDF was 3mm thick.
I wasn’t happy with the white edge of the paper though so I coloured the edge with the black Pebeo pen from the same set that I had used earlier and then dry brushed on some Metallix Lustre.
Now for some embellishments.
I will admit that I did spend some money rather than rummaging. The reason? I simply wanted some coppery coloured cogs.
After a rummage, of sorts, through the internet, I fell upon this awesome mixed bag of metal gears on Amazon!
They did single coloured bags but as I was only going to use a few and may want other colours in the future, I thought that it was more prudent to get the mixed bag.
Now, how to arrange them? Well, I tinkered for a while but nothing worked. Then I remembered the sentiment that I had used on the front of the card – take risks.
So I threw in some cogs, closed the box, jiggled it about and then opened it up. Et Voila!
Can’t believe that actually worked! lol!
I glued them all roughly in the places they fell and then added a few more for depth.
On one of my earlier rummages, I found a bunch of wooden shapes that I wanted to use so I coloured these with the black Pebeo pen. Wasn’t sure which I’d use in the end so I coloured them all.
As I was colouring I was thinking through what I could do with them and came up with an idea that again followed on from the sentiment on the front of the box.
I first cut away some of the birdcage. Then, recoloured it with the copper coloured Pebeo pen and glued it in place.
With the mannequin and corners, I created a winged statue that I glued to the top end of the box.
I then added a couple of extra bits from a set of brads by Teresa Collins, glueing them in place with Pinflair Glue Gel.
Looks awesome so far! Well please with this!
Ok, few more bits to sort – the clasp, for starters…
PLEASE VISIT THE NEXT PAGE OF THIS POST BY CLICKING ON THE NUMBERED LINKS BELOW