As part of the decoration I needed to create some mats/layers to stick to the outide of the box. Spreadsheet out and mathematical calculations concluded and I got to chopping.
FYI, I won’t leave you to guess, if you download the reference sheets that accompany this blog post then the sizes for these are also given.
So that you don’t have to scroll back through the pages, here are those links for the different sized boxes again.
These were glued on with bog standard PVA glue.
For the decoration, I used a few bits from my stash.
The first was some sticky sentiments from Tim Holtz.
Also some kraft card tags from Craftwork Cards – the twine came with them, which was handy!
I inked the edges of the tag with some Adirondack earthtones and stuck the sentiments to it.
Some Anita’s 3D glaze was nearby so I grabbed it and coated the sentiments.
To add some ‘ribbon’ to the tags I used some of the left over paper to create paper ribbons, threaded them through the tag and then curled them.
Having made two, I thought that it would be nice to layer them up with Pinflair Glue Gel.
That’s the main decoration. I’ll stick this to the box front later on.
Before then, I need to make a closure mechanism for the box top …