After a wee break from these, and bearing in mind how much I have been waffling about new stuff recently, I thought that this one was a perfect finale to March.
The stamps that I used were from Creative Stamping magazine and the sentiments again from that handy Small Talk set from Tim Holtz.
The brown was an accident, but I think that it worked well in the end.
Ok, let’s tell the story of how it was made.
Here is what was used.
- 1mm Greyboard,
- White Gesso,
- Pebeo Watercolour Colorex Ink,
- Brown Archival Ink Pad,
- Small Talk Sentiment Stickers from Tim Holtz,
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic,
- Golden Fluid Acrylic – Interference Gold Fine
- Acrylic Block
And here is how it was made.
- I first cut two 2.5 inch circles from the greyboard and glued them together with the tacky glue.
- A coat of white gesso was then applied and allowed to dry.
- I then spritzed with water and dropped on a single drop of watercolour ink – this stuff goes a long way! This was allowed to dry and then I spritzed again and left to dry again.
- Brown archival ink was then used to stamp the background script text and the foreground fountain pen nibs.
- The nibs were then coated with Dimensional Magic.
- A single sentiment was cut down into parts and stuck in place.
- Finally, I used a tiny amount of interference gold fluid paint to add excitement to the outer edges.
Masculine, classic, stylish … ?
What do you think?
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to sharing more with you soon!
Bye for now.