Beach days are some of the best days, aren’t they? This Mixed Media Recipe Card is sure to inspire memories of the warm golden sands and beautiful clear blue ocean.
Here it is – can you hear the gentle shushing of the waves on the beach?
Whilst I was making this I thought that not only would this be classed as a mixed media project but it would also work well for scenic modellers.
Paints and Mediums
- Pébéo Texture Gel,
- Pébéo Vitrail 23 Lemon Yellow,
- Pébéo Vitrail 17 Turquoise,
- Pébéo Vitrail Medium Mat,
- Pébéo High Viscosity Opaque 48 Primary Yellow Acrylic Paint,
- Pébéo White Gesso,
- Silicon Spreader,
- Basic Flat Headed Acrylic Paint Brush,
- Wet Wipes,
- Brush Cleaner,
This is how to do it.
- Give the whole piece a coat of white gesso. Wash the brush out with water and brush cleaner, if needed. Allow the work to dry for about an hour.
- Next, use the silicone spreader to smear some of the texture gel down the surface of your project. Aim to trail it off as you spread it. Was the texture gel from the silicone spreader and set to one side. Leave the texture gel to dry for between 6 – 12 hours. This will depend on the thickness and ambient temperature.
- Now, using the paint brush, coat the texture gel area with the yellow acrylic paint. Wash the brush out with water and brush cleaner, if needed. Allow the work to dry for about an hour.
- Spread some of the turquoise Vitrail from the end without the texture, allowing some of it to overlap the textured area. This will sink into the recesses of the ‘sand’. Wipe the Vitrail from the silicone spreader with wet wipes. Leave the piece to dry for approx 8 hours.
- Spread a thin layer of the Vitrail mat medium over the whole piece and then apply more over the area where the turquoise Vitrail is. Remove the Vitrail from the spread with wet wipes and leave the whole piece to dry for 8 hours, preferably overnight.
Ok, that’s it for this one. Cool and creative, eh?
Hope you can make use of this information in some way for a future project.
Feel free to use the handy sharing buttons below if you fancy pinning this idea or think you know someone that could benefit from this post.
Many thanks for stopping by.
See you again next time!
2 thoughts on “Mixed Media Recipe Card 7”
Awesome John and yes I can hear and almost smell the ocean. Thank you so much.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes i can hear the sea the waves lapping on the shore, sorry couldn’t resist i live about 500 mtr’s (as the crow flys) from the beach, but you have put the idea of how to fix sand to my cards with pinflair thank you again very inspirational x
LikeLiked by 1 person