The library of mixed media techniques continues to build with the third in the series.
Here is what I achieved.
Just love this aged and cracked look.
- Pébéo Black Gesso.
- DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze.
- DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream
- Acrylic Flat Head Brush.
- Kitchen towel.
- Brush cleaner/preserver.
This is how to do it.
- Apply a coat of black gesso to the surface. Let dry. Wash brush.
- Apply an even coat of crackle glaze. Let dry. Wash brush.
- Apply antiquing cream and then work it into all of the cracks and use a piece of kitchen towel to wipe away as much of the surface cream as possible. Sometimes it helps to use a fresh piece of towel for each wipe. Let dry. Bin the kitchen towel – unless you want to keep it for another project.
Ok, that’s it for this one.
Hope you can make use of this information in some way for a future mixed media project.
Feel free to use the handy sharing buttons below if you think you know someone that could benefit from this post.
You are also welcome to leave questions and comments below too.
Many thanks for stopping by.
See you again next time.