Another creative technique to share with you today from the Mixed Media Recipe series of blog posts.
Roughing it up a little this week.
This is a great way of adding depth and texture to any design. It can be done in small sections across a larger piece or worked as the whole background.
Paints and Mediums
- Pébéo white gesso.
- Pébéo Vitrail.
- Cocktail stick.
- Silicone scraper.
- Flathead acrylic paint brush.
- Brush cleaner/preserver.
- Wet wipes.
- Corrugated Cardboard. Cardboard packaging is perfect.
This is how to do it.
- If not already exposed, peel away the top layer of the cardboard and expose the corrugated part of the cardboard.
- To add more texture and ‘interest’ to the cardboard, scrunch and squash it until you have achieved the desired effect and then open it out and press it flat-ish.
- Use the flat head brush to coat the cardboard with white gesso. Let dry. Wash the paint brush.
- Use the cocktail stick to dab some of the Vitrail onto the cardboard. Spread this out with the silicone scraper. Set this aside to dry. Wipe the scraper down with a wet wipe.
Ok, that’s it for this one. Cool and creative, eh?
Hope you can make use of this information in some way for a future project.
Feel free to use the handy sharing buttons below if you fancy pinning this idea or think you know someone that could benefit from this post.
Many thanks for stopping by.
See you again next time!