Having launched in other regions of the world earlier this year it’s been much awaited, debated and talked about amongst Scan N Cut owners and it’s finally hitting the UK tomorrow!
There are a whole bunch of changes in the DX models but rather than running through them again here, I’d like to encourage you to take a look at this blog post where I shared details of those differences, plus preview videos and a bunch of useful links.
- It is bigger. A bigger machine, a bigger screen and bigger memory.
- It cuts thicker stuff, up to 3mm thick.
- It cuts more stuff at once, an increase from 600 to 900 objects in one operation.
- It is quieter.
- It has auto blade depth features.
- The design boasts both a new platform and onboard storage.
- More designs. 1302 built-in patterns with 17 characters sets. New designs include a single line character set that can be drawn or embossed, 3D boxes and flowers, doilies and applique designs. You can see the full pattern list here.
Create and Craft TV have told me that it will retail at £599 with free delivery. Club members will obviously get their 10% discount and you’ll earn some Maker Rewards on the purchase too unless you’d like to use your points against the purchase.
In the box, you’ll also get a bunch of accessories, including:
- Low tack adhesive mat / Standard tack adhesive mat
- Automatic blade / Automatic blade holder
- Thin fabric auto blade / Thin fabric auto blade holder
- Pen holder
- Colour pen set
- Erasable pen set
- 1 contact sheet for application of fabric through the iron
- 1 spatula
- 1 accessories bag
Create and Craft TV are also going to be chucking in over £100 worth of freebies with this introductory offer. This will include:
- A free 12″ x 12″ Adhesive Mat.
- 10 sheets of 12″ x 24″ Construction Board
- £50 worth of exclusive SVG files.
Anyhoo, if this is something that interests you, I would encourage you to tune in to the launch show at midday, tomorrow, Friday 30th November on Create and Craft TV.
Will have to save a few more pennies before I can get one into my craft room though but eventually, I’ll have more to report.
Right, thanks for reading and I’ll catch you again soon.
Bye for now.