A message to all of us in this one.
Things can get a little fraught, a little tense and a little nerve-wracking but, if we live in the moment, these things will diminish and disappear.
Quite a few layers went into this one and each had a reason.
There are the base layers of chaos. The cracks through which these seep. The message to us all and the shining moments to which we should be looking.
Let’s break that down.
Here is what was used.
- 1mm Greyboard,
- White Gesso,
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic,
- Letters Stencil,
- Pebeo Modelling Paste,
- Blue Wax Paste,
- Course Blending Brush,
- Pink Acrylic Artist Marker,
- Acrylic Paint Brush,
- Resin Crystals,
- Crackle Glaze,
- Tim Holtz Small Talk Sentiment Stickers,
- Fine grit wet sand paper,
And here is how it was made.
- I first cut two 2.5 inch circles from the greyboard and glued them together with the tacky glue.
- A coat of white gesso was then applied and allowed to dry.
- The pink paint marker was then used to give an all over base coat.
- This was then coated with a layer of blue wax paste which I brushed on with the course blending brush. It doesn’t cover, it adds a tone instead.
- On top of this I applied a thick layer of crackle glaze and let set overnight.
- I then rubbed in some PVA glue and glitter to fill the cracks, sanding away the excess.
- A layer of Dimensional Magic was then applied and allowed to set.
- The sentiment sticker and resin crystals were then glued on top of that and then coated in another layer of Dimensional Magic and allowed to dry.
- Finally, I used the paint marker to colour the edges.
Crumbs, this one is heavy! Lol.
Not sure about this one. I like it but I am unsure if I went over the top. What do you think?
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to sharing more with you soon!
Bye for now.