Looking at the blog content that I have already put out this year, I have realised that I have been a busy bee indeed!
I have another of those artist trading coin things to share with you today.
Note - This post contains affiliate link(s). I might receive a [very small] commission on any sale resulting from your use of these links & it will not cost you any more.
This particular ATC uses free stamps from Creative Stamping magazine – issue 67 I think. Should have checked last week!
Anyhoo, here is this week’s ATC.
A joy to behold and a sentiment to live by.
Here is what was used.
- 1mm Greyboard,
- White Gesso,
- Pebeo Watercolour Inks,
- Black Archival Inkpad,
- Tim Holtz Small Talk Stickers,
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic,
- Dries Clear PVA Glue,
- Tacky Glue,
And here is how it was made.
- I first cut two 2.5 inch circles from the greyboard and glued them together with the tacky glue.
- A coat of white gesso was then applied and allowed to dry.
- Water was then spritzed on top and a drop of watercolour ink placed in the middle and allowed to spread and dry. When dry, I then spritzed once and left it to dry again. This created the mottled effect that you see.
- I then stamped the honeycomb and bee onto the ATC.
- I infilled the honeycomb and bee with Dimensional Magic however it wasn’t too discernible so, when it had dried, I also applied a layer of dries clear PVA to the honeycomb and some white gel pen detail to the wings of the bee.
- Finally, I glued the sentiment in place.
Like the simplicity of this one. How about you?
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to sharing more with you soon!
Bye for now.