Very excited to share with you my first Couture Creations design team project today! Quite proud of this one as it uses quite a few different techniques.
For those of you who prefer to watch rather than read, there’s a video too!
Before I share my project, please do pop over to the Couture Creations blog later to see the projects that my design team chums have made – there are some awesome makes!
So, onto today’s creation.
It uses a bunch of different hot foiling techniques but is still pretty easy to put together.
Here is what I used and how I did it.
- CO725435 Le Petit Jardin 6×6 Paper Pad,
- CO725937 Le Petit Jardin Evening Branch Mini Die,
- CO725431 Le Petit Jardin Floral Arrangement 3,
- CO725438 Le Petit Jardin Thinking of You stamp,
- Couture Creations Gold Hot Foil,
- Watercolour Powders,
- Watercolour Paper,
- Double Sided Tape,
- Versafine Inkpad,
- Foam Pads,
1. Cut a piece of the ‘Le Petite Jardin’ 6×6 paper to fit the front of the card. Also cut a few thin strips of the same sheet.
2. Create a main panel by sprinkling watercolour powders onto wet watercolour paper and let dry. Then, use a cut/foil/emboss frame die to cut out a section of that. Finally, use the Floral Arrangement 3 hotfoil stamp to create a focal point.
3. On a small piece of plain white cardstock, stamp out the ‘Thinking Of You’ stamp. Now, use a tag die as a hotfoil stamp and then turn it over and die cut the tag.
4. Hot foil some scrunched foil onto a piece of coordinating cardstock; I used black. Then cut several branches from this using the Evening Branch Mini Die to cut several from it. Also, cut some thin strips from this.
1. Stick the large paper panel from prep step 1 to the front of the card with double sided tape.
2. Apply the main foiled layer from prep step 2 to the card with foam pads.
3. Glue the tag in place.
4. Wrap the thin paper strips from prep step 1 and then tease them out to form spirals. Stick these on top of the tag to add to the space around it.
5. Stick the die cut foliage in place.
6. Form a crude bow from the strips created in prep step 4. Stick this in place at the top of the tag.
As I mentioned, for those that enjoy watching the project come together, here is a video of that there method.
Hope you enjoyed this, there will be more coming in the near future.
Do make sure to share this with your arts and crafts chums, there are handy sharing links below.
Take good care of yourself and I will see you again soon.