Fancy doing a Brother Scan N Cut workshop with me in your own home? Well, I am very pleased to let you know that now you can!
*** updated 06/08/18 with answers to commonly asked questions at the end of the post ***
During the last 9 months of a sell-out run of UK based Brother Scan N Cut workshops, AND the additional bookings for the more advanced courses coming later in the year AND a request to host a workshop in South Africa, Australia and the United States, it has become evident that I am not physically capable of conducting workshops in every location that has been requested, especially given that many of you guys & gals live in all corners of the world!
I have therefore been using my ‘spare time’ over the last few months to develop, record, edit and upload an online ‘course’ that you can enjoy at your own pace and in your own home that replicates and expands on the content of the basic workshops that I have been hosting.
The workshop, designed for everyone from the beginner to the long-time Scan N Cut owner that feels that they are not getting the most from their machine, will take you from the very beginning and guide you through all of the key features of the versatile Brother Scan N Cut machine in an easy to follow series of bite-sized video lectures.
The course even goes beyond the basics and gives you an in-depth look at Canvas Workspace, the online design companion to the Brother Scan N Cut system.
Not in the UK or away from home? Don’t worry, because this course is hosted online so you can access it from around the world!
Best of all, you can watch on your smart-phone, tablet, a computer and, for the truly tech-savvy, on your TV using Apple TV or a Google Chromecast device.
So, no matter where you are in the world, and no matter the time of day, you can take this course in your own time and at your own pace.
There are some other great benefits to this course.
Here are just a few.
- All of my knowledge, all in one place. No google searching or hunting through forums, blogs, online video sites or Facebook groups.
- Instantly available. No waiting for the start of a new term or for a workshop to appear near you. Just enrol and start learning straight away.
- All thriller, no filler. No distracting ads, promos, unrelated product or other on-screen distractions.
- Lifetime access. Pay just once and enjoy over and over with no monthly fees! No need to remember things from a one day workshop or take furious notes – just watch again.
- Watch anywhere, anytime! You can stream lectures via PC, tablet, smart-phone and even through your TV if you have Chromecast or Apple TV.
- Learn on the go. Use a smartphone or tablet to download or stream your course via the free Udemy app and watch on the bus, in bed or even on the loo – wherever you like!
- Closed Captions included on all video content – Watch without sound and never miss a thing!
- It’s interactive! Ask questions about course content via the Q&A section.
- Front row seats for everyone! Close up views of the screen and other essential areas let you see EXACTLY what you need to.
That’s not all though. It will grow!
Right now, there are 12 sections that will take you from switching on, through basic operations and on to using Canvas Workspace, however, there are three further sections coming in the next two months.
One will cover the windows installable version of Canvas Workspace. Another will cover all of the accessories and upgrades from setting up to the first operation and the last will cover working with fabric, including using PES files with your Scan N Cut machine!
These extra sections won’t cost another penny, so if you enrol now, you will get notification of when these additional sections are uploaded.
Want to know more? Great! Just head over to www.udemy.com and you can check out the full curriculum now.
Don’t forget, if you enrol today we can get started right away – I look forward to welcoming you to the course!
Got any questions about this? Please feel free to pop them in the comments section below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
*** UPDATE ***
Had a fair few questions from various sources so thought I’d pop them here with answers.
- What is the price of the course? I have priced it at £29.99 however as many of you saw during the launch weekend Udemy sometimes has a sale on where they offer the courses on their site for less. I don’t control when these happen so if you see it at a lower price, grab it!
- Do I have to pay for the app? No, the app is free.
- Can I access this on a MAC/Smartphone/Tablet? Yes. For some devices, the app offers a better experience than the browser.
As a final note, as the platform that I am using to host this course is managed by Udemy, all technical/playback/access issues will need to be addressed to them. On a PC move your cursor over your avatar and select ‘support’ from the menu. In the app tap on ‘Account’ and then swipe down until you see ‘support’ and tap on that.