New Scan N Cut Project Based Workshops

March 18, 2018 — 71 Comments

As the beginner Scan N Cut workshops will be coming to an end with the workshop in Bournemouth in April, I have been working on the next step in these popular learning experiences.

Feedback from previous workshops has been wide and varied but the common factor was that you were interested in taking things further and going beyond the basics in a project-based workshop.

For this reason, I have put together what I believe will be four fun projects that will help you when working with different materials and also to get more out of the Scan N Cut machine and also Canvas Workspace.

The Projects

These workshops will utilise the Brother Scan N Cut machine, Canvas Workspace & a select range of the accessories so don’t just judge this course by the look of the projects, please also think about the skills that you will likely learn.

A framed silhouette [of you or your pet perhaps]. I had planned to complete this in a traditional style with paper however I think that it will also be good to have the choice to do this in adhesive vinyl.

A leather key fob with an embossed metal inlay. Going beyond paper and vinyl we will look hear at ways of using the Scan N Cut system to create gifts or keepsakes from leather and metal.

A mug decorated with a sentiment made of Heat Transfer Vinyl. One of the most requested materials in all of my workshops has been heat transfer vinyl and so I have created this project to cover that. Although you see a sentiment hear, we will have time to make an alternative from a design of your choice.

Following a finger buffet lunch, I will then guide you through a lengthier project in which you will create a box frame with a nature inspired silhouette scene. This will include making the box frame from scratch and also making the stencils, stamps and cut out shapes that will help us complete the scene.

A varied selection of projects as you can see and hopefully a new set of skills for you too!

What Is Included & What Is Not

The cost of each place will be £99 and will include:

• Free parking at the venue.
  • Free unlimited tea/coffee/soft drinks.
  • Free finger buffet lunch.
  • All materials & accessories needed for the projects (unused portions may be taken home at end of the workshop): Cardstock, Vellum, Leather, Metal Sheet (for embossing), Rubber Sheet (for creating stamps), HTV, Adhesive Vinyl Sheet, Split Ring, Frame, Mug and Split Ring.
  • Two metres of desktop space so you can spread yourself out and work freely.
  • The loan of tools needed for the projects (to be returned at end of the workshop): Acrylic Blocks for stamping, Inkpads for stamping, foam sheet for embossing, embossing tool for embossing, appropriate glues for projects, tweezers, gel/glitter pens and USB containing all files for the projects (which can be saved to your machine).

There will, of course, be a few things that you will need to bring, these will be:

• Brother Scan N Cut Machine (any model). Stylus and Spatula are required.
  • Weeding pick or pokey tool.
  • Laptop with WiFi capability.
  • Standard Mat.
  • Mid Tack Mat.
  • Standard Blade and Blade Holder.
  • Deep Cut Blade and Blade Holder.
  • Standard Pen Holder and Pens.
  • Universal Pen Holder.

Terms

Collection & Usage Of Personal Information.

• By booking you agree that I, or any appointed third-party service provider, can collect, process and store information about you and your transaction in any manner necessary in order to process your booking, supply the services as outlined in this email and to comply with any legal reporting requirements that arise from the hosting of this workshop.

Payments & Refunds

• Full payment of £99 per person per workshop is required at the time of booking.
  • In the unlikely event that a workshop date or location needs to be changed, your place will be transferred automatically.
  • In the unlikely event that the workshop needs to be cancelled by me, a full refund will be made.
  • In the unlikely event that you need to cancel your place, a refund of 70% of the purchase price will be made unless your place can be filled
  • in which case a full refund will be made.
  • Any other costs incurred by you in relation to this course will be your responsibility.

Allergies

• Food and drink will be provided as part of the event. It is your responsibility to declare any food allergies or specific dietary requirements prior to the event.

Mobility & Access Requirements

• If you have any access or mobility requirements, you should contact the organiser prior to booking in order that they can make sure that these can be accomodated.

BOOKING LINKS

The dates, venues and booking links for all of the workshops are shown below.

You can book more than one place in a single transaction.

Aberdeen – 6th October 2018
Village Hotel, Prime Four, Kingswells, Aberdeen AB15 8PJ

SORRY. THIS DATE IS NOW FULL.

Glasgow – 10th November 2018
Village Hotel, 7 Festival Gate, Glasgow G51 1DB

SORRY. THIS DATE IS NOW FULL.

Maidstone – 17th November 2018
Village Hotel, Castle View, Forstal Rd, Maidstone ME14 3AQ

SORRY. THIS DATE IS NOW FULL.

!!!EXTRA DATE ADDDED!!!

Maidstone – 18th November 2018
Village Hotel, Castle View, Forstal Rd, Maidstone ME14 3AQ

Bournemouth – 24th November 2018
Village Hotel, Deansleigh Rd, Bournemouth BH7 7DZ

SORRY. THIS DATE IS NOW FULL.

Walsall – 1st December 2018
Village Hotel, Tempus Drive, Walsall WS2 8TJ

SORRY. THIS DATE IS NOW FULL.

Chester St David’s – 8th December 2018
Village Hotel, St Davids Park, Ewloe, Deeside CH5 3YB

SORRY. THIS DATE IS NOW FULL.

Look forward to seeing you there!

71 responses to New Scan N Cut Project Based Workshops

Hi. Looking forward to the Aberdeen workshop. Can’t wait to learn how to use my machine for new projects. See you there.

Liked by 1 person

I am so looking forward to this next course in October in Aberdeen. Went to the first one. It gave me lots to think about and use. The new course is just great. I paid for two places as I now have
    Two machines. My husband is coming too. He is looking forward to it too. See you there and safe journey to all. 😊😊

Liked by 1 person

Hi John, Is there any likelihood of something in East Anglia? Suffolk or Norfolk perhaps?
    Still I wish you well for these events I am sure they will be excellent/ (But I am jealous).

Liked by 1 person

Ordered my SNC last week, not even arrived yet. Signed up for the online last week and just seen this about the workshop in Maidstone in November, so I’ve booked myself a place straight away. The day can’t come quick enough to spend time learning how to do things properly. See you then. Gill

Liked by 2 people

Hi

I booked and payed for the Walsall workshop a few months ago through paypal, all I received was the paypal confirmation, so haven’t been given times or any confirmation from yourself, is that correct?

Thanks

Lucy

denise robson July 15, 2018 at 9:30 pm

Hi, Can somebody tell me the start and finish time of the Aberdeen workshop please

Liked by 2 people

Looking forward to the workshop in Aberdeen, anybody else from Moray travelling to this?

Lorraine Bielckus July 9, 2018 at 10:06 pm

Would be interested in a workshop in Bournemouth if you do another one. Thanks John

Please put me on waiting list for Maidstone in case you do second date. Thank you.

10.

Can’t wait for the class in Aberdeen. So looking forward to learning how to use my machine.

11.
    Susan Asworth April 7, 2018 at 9:39 pm

Hi John, both my husband and I would like to attend but we only have the one machine. Would this be a problem? Or would there be time for us both to use it?

12.
    jacqueline copeland April 4, 2018 at 9:38 pm

Hi john, im a newbie, will you doing any workshops close to walsall or wolverhampton or surrounding areas in the near future?

13.
    Sandra Sinnassamy April 2, 2018 at 8:19 am

Hi John. Walsall in December, yay ! I’m booked in – there I go (again). 💚

14.

Hi there John- Gentleman Crafter

Would you give consideration to running a workshop or two in London on a Sunday before the end of the year? I am sure there are a lot of people here who would love to attend.I will be the first to book!!
    Thanking you

15.

Could you let me know if you will be having classes in northwest I lobe in Liverpool and would be very interested

16.

Will or are you planning workshops in London?
    We / i need you!!

17.

These look great John. All booked for Bournemouth and a friend is coming down from Essex for it too. You say to bring a mid tack mat but they dont sell them any more. Should we bring a low tack one instead x

18.

Not chancing missing out this time – I’m booked into the Chester workshop already and really looking forward to it as the last one was fantastic! Liz X

19.

Just ordered the one for Glasgow the same venue I think x

20.

Good to see workshops regarding the scanncut. What about South Wales?

Liked by 1 person

I organised one earlier this year but it didn’t get enough folk signing up so had to cancel it. Can’t afford to take the risk again I am afraid.

Hi John,
        I think that we are getting a little more organised in South Wales now – several groups have started up since your last proposed date in February. It would be great if you would re-consider & we can really get the message out there now. We had 15 at our first meeting on 24th Feb (well, we had to do something) and we’ve got 15 / 16 booked for our next meeting on 7th April. There are also groups starting in Newport and quite a few people in the Swansea area. If you could let us know your minimum number I’m sure that we could pull together on any future trip to South Wales.
        Living in Hope – Den xx

21.

Hi John I was interested in the reference to Heat Transfer Vinyl. Where would I get that and how is it applied? In a previous life I worked with dye sublimation and a heat wrap for mugs and heat applied vinyl with a heat press for flat work. best regards Brian Bailey

22.

Super excited, just booked my place……..will see you in October 😁 xx

23.

Wonderful job doing all the workshops.
    Is there any chance of coming to Derbyshire

24.

I live in Derbyshire. Is there any chance of a workshop in this area?

25.
    Lorraine Mauchline March 18, 2018 at 6:29 pm

All booked can’t wait see you October 😍😀

26.

You’re not planning one in Essex are you John? We’re very nice here 😁
    If not, what time do they start please?
    Michele x

27.

Would love you to consider having one in the north of England some time soon. 😊

28.

Have booked for St Davids, looking forward to learning loads.

29.

I would love to attend one of the workshops, but they are all on Saturdays. I am a Humanist Celebrant and here in Scotland, we conduct legal marriage ceremonies. I generally have only one day in the week that is booked years ahead, and that is for the Saturday wedding. I understand that most people work during the week and are free on Saturdays, so this meets the needs of the majority, but might there be enough interest to put on two days; say Friday and Saturday anywhere in Scotland?

30.

I have now booked two places on this course. My husband Michael is interested to find out more as he has used mine when helping me. I am so looking forward to the course and the venue too. Great to see you again.

31.

Yep Wendy and I already booked and paid for November 2018 in Maidstone Yay …

32.

Hi John will you be doing any work shop near me Berks love to come to one xx

33.
    lorraine proud March 18, 2018 at 1:02 pm

yeah along with my friend we will be there ……. cant wait so its happy birthday present for us both x

34.

Ive just booked John last one was great I’ve had the confidence to start using my machine just a shame its a long wait till December!!!!

35.

Nearest to me is Walsall as live just off M1 Junct 25. Just booked myself and my friend to attend – can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36.

Is this your full list of workshops, or are you likely to add any more. I’m not so fit any more, so not sure about travelling a fair distance. If you do decide to do one in Lincolnshire, I will be in, definitely. Brilliant idea, and reasonably priced. xx

37.

Will you be doing any more beginner workshops? I had to give up my place on an earlier workshop due to illness, but would love to do one so I could do this more advanced one.

38.

This is fantastical! I’m in! X

Trackbacks and Pingbacks:

1. New Brother Scan N Cut Online Course Now Available! « Gentleman Crafter - August 4, 2018

[…] a sell-out run of UK based Brother Scan N Cut workshops, AND the additional bookings for the more advanced courses coming later in the year AND a request to host a workshop in South Africa, Australia and the United […]

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )