As the beginner Scan N Cut workshops will be coming to an end with the workshop in Bournemouth in April, I have been working on the next step in these popular learning experiences.
Feedback from previous workshops has been wide and varied but the common factor was that you were interested in taking things further and going beyond the basics in a project-based workshop.
For this reason, I have put together what I believe will be four fun projects that will help you when working with different materials and also to get more out of the Scan N Cut machine and also Canvas Workspace.
These workshops will utilise the Brother Scan N Cut machine, Canvas Workspace & a select range of the accessories so don’t just judge this course by the look of the projects, please also think about the skills that you will likely learn.
A framed silhouette [of you or your pet perhaps]. I had planned to complete this in a traditional style with paper however I think that it will also be good to have the choice to do this in adhesive vinyl.
A leather key fob with an embossed metal inlay. Going beyond paper and vinyl we will look hear at ways of using the Scan N Cut system to create gifts or keepsakes from leather and metal.
A mug decorated with a sentiment made of Heat Transfer Vinyl. One of the most requested materials in all of my workshops has been heat transfer vinyl and so I have created this project to cover that. Although you see a sentiment hear, we will have time to make an alternative from a design of your choice.
Following a finger buffet lunch, I will then guide you through a lengthier project in which you will create a box frame with a nature inspired silhouette scene. This will include making the box frame from scratch and also making the stencils, stamps and cut out shapes that will help us complete the scene.
A varied selection of projects as you can see and hopefully a new set of skills for you too!
What Is Included & What Is Not
The cost of each place will be £99 and will include:
- Free parking at the venue.
- Free unlimited tea/coffee/soft drinks.
- Free finger buffet lunch.
- All materials & accessories needed for the projects (unused portions may be taken home at end of the workshop): Cardstock, Vellum, Leather, Metal Sheet (for embossing), Rubber Sheet (for creating stamps), HTV, Adhesive Vinyl Sheet, Split Ring, Frame, Mug and Split Ring.
- Two metres of desktop space so you can spread yourself out and work freely.
- The loan of tools needed for the projects (to be returned at end of the workshop): Acrylic Blocks for stamping, Inkpads for stamping, foam sheet for embossing, embossing tool for embossing, appropriate glues for projects, tweezers, gel/glitter pens and USB containing all files for the projects (which can be saved to your machine).
There will, of course, be a few things that you will need to bring, these will be:
- Brother Scan N Cut Machine (any model). Stylus and Spatula are required.
- Weeding pick or pokey tool.
- Laptop with WiFi capability.
- Standard Mat.
- Mid Tack Mat.
- Standard Blade and Blade Holder.
- Deep Cut Blade and Blade Holder.
- Standard Pen Holder and Pens.
- Universal Pen Holder.
Collection & Usage Of Personal Information.
- By booking you agree that I, or any appointed third-party service provider, can collect, process and store information about you and your transaction in any manner necessary in order to process your booking, supply the services as outlined in this email and to comply with any legal reporting requirements that arise from the hosting of this workshop.
Payments & Refunds
- Full payment of £99 per person per workshop is required at the time of booking.
- In the unlikely event that a workshop date or location needs to be changed, your place will be transferred automatically.
- In the unlikely event that the workshop needs to be cancelled by me, a full refund will be made.
- In the unlikely event that you need to cancel your place, a refund of 70% of the purchase price will be made unless your place can be filled
- in which case a full refund will be made.
- Any other costs incurred by you in relation to this course will be your responsibility.
- Food and drink will be provided as part of the event. It is your responsibility to declare any food allergies or specific dietary requirements prior to the event.
Mobility & Access Requirements
- If you have any access or mobility requirements, you should contact the organiser prior to booking in order that they can make sure that these can be accomodated.
The dates, venues and booking links for all of the workshops are shown below.
You can book more than one place in a single transaction.
Edinburgh – 15th September 2018
Village Hotel, 140 Crewe Rd S, Edinburgh EH4 2NY
Aberdeen – 6th October 2018
Village Hotel, Prime Four, Kingswells, Aberdeen AB15 8PJ
Glasgow – 10th November 2018
Village Hotel, 7 Festival Gate, Glasgow G51 1DB
Maidstone – 17th November 2018
Village Hotel, Castle View, Forstal Rd, Maidstone ME14 3AQ
SORRY. THIS DATE IS NOW FULL. I WILL BE LOOKING AT ADDING A SECOND DAY IF THERE IS ENOUGH INTEREST – PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GO ON THE WAITING LIST FOR NEWS OF THIS.
Bournemouth – 24th November 2018
Village Hotel, Deansleigh Rd, Bournemouth BH7 7DZ
Walsall – 1st December 2018
Village Hotel, Tempus Drive, Walsall WS2 8TJ
Chester St David’s – 8th December 2018
Village Hotel, St Davids Park, Ewloe, Deeside CH5 3YB
Look forward to seeing you there!