It’s All About You

July 2, 2017 — 31 Comments

The Saturday posts of late have oft been an idea from me but I don’t know if they’re of any use.

Next Saturday I’m therefore making them about you.

Any specific requests for:

• Scan It Saturday!
  • SVG Saturday?

Pop them in the comments below and I’ll see what I can do.

Ciao for now.

31 responses to It’s All About You

Hi John back in time someone sent in models of railway buildings, that I would dearly love to be able to make for my husband who is building a new railway layout to include, general, buildings, houses, garages plus a van, in different sizes suitable for any model railway guage, that could be easily resized on the ScanNcutf.  It would be good for others to see, just what could be made from card. Possibly content for a USB for model making enthusiasts. Regards Sue

how can I emboss the phrase of svg saturday5?

Jean-Marie Penny July 5, 2017 at 12:33 am

I’d like to be able to design an art deco frame 5 x 7 please John xx

Wendy Willard July 4, 2017 at 6:34 am

I would like to know how to make stepper cards with fancy folding lines put in. Thanks

Liked by 1 person

Hello John I bout the very first scan n cut machine haven’t really used it yes it’s in the box however can you tell me can I update it & will all the recent updates then be available on my machine I promise I plan to start using my machine & have lots of your programmes pre recorded so wish me luck thank you fir your continued valued support

Liked by 1 person

Hi John, your Saturday posts certainly are useful thank you; Could I please have a window ( not the cathedral ones – although these are great) so that it would look like I was either looking out onto a scene or into a room?

Liked by 1 person

Hi John, I love all of your demo’s, you have a great way of explaining things.
    I have a lot of Silhouette files and don’t know how to use on tem on my Scan N Cut 900
    Please help. Kath

Georgina Horobin July 3, 2017 at 10:30 am

Hi, I too love the words svg that you have given us recently, more of the same would be great. Thanks for sharing these with us.

Liked by 1 person

something for british armed forces would be nice as all I seem to find are american forces. love your work thanks john.

10.
    Helen Hampton July 3, 2017 at 7:11 am

Can we have something for men please as I have a lot of friends who fish etc but can only find American style ideas for them

But all your ideas are invaluable and I have found your tutorials informative, clear and concise

11.

I have loved the last 3 word svg’s, so more of those would be fab. I’d also love to see an elephant, sloth and peacock. Oh and the chakra symbols. Possibly way too prescriptive but you did ask ;-)

12.

Love all your videos John but have loved the ones on SCAL and also the more advanced things we can do with the machine and canvas😃

13.

Perhaps this is no good for Saturday post but I am a total newbie and I would like to see more of which buttons you are pressing, sorry to be a bore. Totally appreciate what you do John

14.
    Katie-Louise Sweetlove July 2, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Something simple like how to retack a mat please and a temindrr of how to weld for a card as i couldnt get it right when i tried to make a shaped card from the basic shapes on the machine im a beginner and have the cm300 machine.

15.

I’d be interested in seeing ideas for foiling e.g single line fonts that can converted from True Type Font Converter

Liked by 1 person

Sadly I won’t be able to do this one as it is just not possible to have a single line font as a true type font. I did however make some SVG single line letters that you can make into words. You can find those over at http://www.digitalcraftemporium.co.uk

Thanks I will take a look
        I have been watching you on C&C this afternoon but missed whether or not you stated the name/brand of the gold pen you used to draw the “Floating in the air…” Can you let me know which one you used and the pressure etc please – would that be a good one for Saturdays – a list of pens and details/guide that work well on ScanNCut
        Thanks

Liked by 1 person

If you have a quick search through the archives I did a post on single line fonts and pens a wee while back. Will look into updating this though. Very little to change in terms of settings, just need to get the pen set up in the holder correctly for it to work.

16.

Oops, I forgot to add that they are 3D prams! (Must be brain dead tonight).

17.

I recently bought a couple of cutting files of prams, but want to make them a little bit bigger. Please can you tell me if I have to put all the pieces on top of each other, then group them, then resize, and then ungroup before I save them to a USB? Sorry if I am being thick, but I tried just putting them on the same mat, but it didn’t work, so that is the reason for my silly question.

18.

Hi John how about an netting i.e football or fishing, don’t know if that will work.haha.

19.
    Hazel Burwell July 2, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Hi John .How about 3D letters for the Scan n cut .Love your posts keep them coming.

20.

Hi John I would like more SVGs along the construction lines maybe some unusual shaped boxes please thank you

21.
    Shelagh Handley July 2, 2017 at 7:06 pm

I would like a SVG Saturday please John

Liked by 1 person

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )