Hello! Probably the last time I’ll get to release anything for a bit, what with the challenge and all.
Therefore thought that I would do something awesome. Want to know what it is?
I have painstakingly created twelve doily designs that can be used with your home hobby cutting machines.
There are three cutting files in each of the twelve Doily Designs collections.
– Doily-Lattice (shown below). This option has a lattice pattern in the middle of the design.
– Doily-Aperture. This option has a simple circular aperture in the middle of the design.
– Doily-Solid. This option has no cut out in the middle of the design. You could add your own but this is good if you wanted to frame a stamped image or something like that.
Want a quick look?
Very proud of those designs!
The doilys are designed to cut at 7.5 inches or greater. Any smaller and you may struggle with some of the more intricate designs.
You can cut these from lightweight cardstock or vinyl for a range of decorative projects, but I know that you will already have ideas now that you have seen them.
Here is a quick guide to the file types included with this set.
– SVG – Scalable Vector Graphics. This is an image file type that can also be used by most home hobby cutting machines including Scan N Cut, Cricut and various others. Some machines will require the file to be converted in external software before it can be used for cutting.
– DXF – A vector based file type that can be used by most home hobby cutting machines. In particular this file type can be used with the Silhouette range of cutting machines in the free version of their software. It can also be used in the majority of CAD software if you are super clever.
– FCM – A cutting file type only compatible with the Brother Scan N Cut series of machines.
Sorry, this set has now been retired. Please visit my store on Creative Fabrica for the latest offers on SVGs.
The original post has been left in place below for reference purposes only.
Hope this all makes sense. If not, please do get in touch with me if you have any questions.
Thank you for reading and supporting – it is very much appreciated!
10 thoughts on “Doily Design Cutting Files Available Now In SVG, DXF and FCM File Formats”
I bought my scan n cut last Christmas, and although I know I do not make half as much use of it as I should I still love it lots.
Now my problem. I craft in a small room, and find storing the big carrier sheets difficult. I have just discarded one as the edge was so bent the scanner could not read it.
Can you tell me if brother have any thoughts on producing some type of rigid folder similar to the kind for storing 12×12 papers. I would be so grateful.
Thanks for looking keep up the great designs
Merry Christmas & a Creative New Year
Sent from my iPad
Not as far as I’m aware however I have seen other folk store them on a hook using a skirt coat hanger. The kind with the clips on each end. Maybe this is an idea?
John these are absolutely awesome. What fantastic patterns and Thank you so much
Hi John, I know you are busy, I Loved your Doily cutting files, and bought the collection 12 at the group offer and downloaded, but according to my computer (Windows 10) I cannot unzip then to read unless I purchase WinZip at Â£31, do you know how I can open the files without this, there must be a way, I just don’t know how to do it. Keep up the good work you are an inspiration, best Joy
Any unzipping software will do the job. Windows 10 should have winzip preinstalled.
Thank you John,they are beautiful.
Beautiful designs, shared x
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow, for want of a better word. They are absolutely beautiful. In my opinion, probably the best you’ve done. You should be proud of them, and a ridiculous price, thanks for that. Anne x
These are amazing. Thank you.
Love these designs. Cant wait to try them out