Well my little bloggy chums I have actually made time to do some actual crafting – I know, shocker isn’t it?!
Anyway, it’s been a pretty busy time for me of late (more info on that soon), but I thought that it was important that I took time out and do something creative that was ‘away’ from what I have been working on.
Having recently taken delivery of some Encaustic Arts goodies (thank you eBay and Facebook) I settled down, turned the iron on and went to it.
Now, I did something here that I rarely do, I actually READ THE TUTORIAL BOOK! Seriously, I know; weird, right?
Lol. Well, I thought it best. I have been watching Encaustic Arts demonstrations for over 10 years, produced a number of TV shows on the subject and although I thought that I had a good idea of what I was doing – I though it best that I should have a read through to make sure that I was starting out on the correct foot.
With that done, here are a few of the experimental images that I created in this fun little session.
This first experiments started out with the sky.
Once I had done the sky, it felt as though what would be underneath it would be a lovely plane of heath and wildflowers so I chose some colours and started building up the scene using a variety of techniques described in the book.
Overall I was very happy with the finished picture however I did think that my flowers (above) were a tad blobby so I decided to practice a little more on those.
The next one again started out with the sky; this is after all how the guide recommends building your scene – from the horizon forwards; to be honest, once I started the first experiment it made total sense.
It ended up being quite a wispy sky with flecks of red in it so I thought that I would build quite a soft scene in the foreground.
The hills in the distance do look as if they are rolling don’t they?!
I was quite proud of that one so I carried on.
For the next experiment I decided to introduce a little stamp from Hobby House. It was a tiny row of houses.
As I looked at it I had in mind that it was a little row of fishermen’s cottages so decided to try and do more of a windy/stormy seascape/coastal image.
I therefore chose deeper tones and colours of wax to put this together and really gave the sky a lot of texture.
The flowers were added last and I made sure that these were bending in the wind (in the same direction as the clouds were going).
I think that I pretty much got down what was in my head here. :)
For the last one I went back to some slightly lighter hues and worked a little more smoothly across the sky.
I did end with a big blog of brown to the right but can re-melt this at another date – for now I left it.
The flowers though were this time dip-dots which I then blasted with the heat tool to flatten a little – I was happy with this more so than my earlier attempts.
Anyway, time flies when you are having fun so I had to pack away and get on with the business of being self employed!
It’s been great to have had a little time-out; I hope that you have enjoyed having a quick peek at what I have been up to also.
Thank you for reading/visiting and I look forward to sharing more creative sessions with you again soon.
Bye for now.